Prospect Zone

Additionally, Norvax has been marketing to me for years. If I would have had some corresepondence or info from Quotit, I might have been more inclined to look at your company.

I'm not saying we don't market, of course. I'm not saying we are not looking for new sales- of course we are. I am only saying that Marketing message or volume alone should not determine the technology you choose.

I'm sorry you had this happen. We are of course very interested in new sales, and rarely have problems getting back to new prospects. Without knowing the specifics of your situation, it's hard to comment, except to say we talk to many agents the second they call in. We have a policy of same-day return calls for all prospects- it is something we measure and monitor, and care quite a bit about.

Please send me a private message if there is anything I can demonstrate or answer. Once again, my sincere apologies if our response to your sales inquiry was slow.

- M from Q

Wow, looks like I missed a lot today!!

If, due to marketing dollars, Ehealth always comes up first when anyone searches for anything even remotely sounding like insurance (ignorance, etc. lol) and in turn it's the first site that consumers will see, then what difference does the ehealth link make om a lead broker site? And I'm actually asking, if I may.

Glad you cleared up the time stamp controversy about when Quote It arrived to the party. I have been doing strictly internet lead driven insurance phone sales for about 5 years, longer them many on here, and I was sure your debut was more recent for quoting. Thanks!

Also, what did AL say about colored fonts?

If, due to marketing dollars, Ehealth always comes up first when anyone searches for anything even remotely sounding like insurance (ignorance, etc. lol) and in turn it's the first site that consumers will see, then what difference does the ehealth link make om a lead broker site?

From where I sit, in the peanut gallery of course, there is no difference.

Test my theory. Use Google, Yahoo, Ask . . .

Type in "health insurance" and see who pops to the top.

Google

Yahoo

Ask

Web Hosting, VPS and Dedicated Servers by eBoundHost

Metacrawler

Dogpile

This unscientific poll does nothing in reality other than to show that eHealth is a dominant listing in searches. But I see no reason why someone looking for health insurance would not click eHealth. If not the first click, certainly the second.

Now if there were a way for a lead vendor to control the internet to the point the ONLY answer that comes up on a search is . . . Prospect Zone . . . then, and only then you might have a true exclusive lead.

But I have argued that point before and almost no one seems to care.

Now if there were a way for a lead vendor to control the internet to the point the ONLY answer that comes up on a search is . . . Prospect Zone . . . then, and only then you might have a true exclusive lead.

But I have argued that point before and almost no one seems to care.

I wont speak specifically for PZ, but many Lead Vendors each use many affiliates. They have feeder sites that all have organic and paid placement for diff keyword phrases. They buy and sell each others' overflows to ensure as close to perfect match between their buyers (demand) and the lead inflow (supply, which must always be immediate and is therefore difficult to regulate).

The only way your lead is truly exclusive is if:
  1. the consumer entered their information on only ONE SITE, then STOPPED
  2. the owner of that one site sells that particular lead only once, or uses for themselves if they sell direct.
The only thing a vendor can know is the second thing.

While they may be honest about their belief that the lead is exclusive, I'm sure most of them try to be, they have no real way of knowing if Mary Consumer went to more than one web site in her shopping exploits. And the second site she entered her information onto might sell that sucker LOTS.

Some agents say "there is no such thing as an exclusive lead." Vendors selling exclusive leads may disagree.

Do your own tests of both buckets. Test the conversion of each bucket for a long enough time, and compare the costs. Maybe it's worth it, maybe its' not. In my brief experience of 4 months buying several thousand leads of each type from several vendors, the exclusives weren't worth the 2x cost. But the reasons are complex and vary pretty wildly. Do your own tests, talk, network, make your own decisions.

Dunno - the agents I know are doing far better on exclusive sources then shared.....an it's not even close.

I am personally using an exclusive source and it by far outperforms typical shared leads. Again, not even close.

Dunno - the agents I know are doing far better on exclusive sources then shared.....an it's not even close. I am personally using an exclusive source and it by far outperforms typical shared leads. Again, not even close.

Sure. No guarantees, nothing concrete. Different times, different agents, different vendors, different methods, different results.

Another considerations include: how fast are you? and how good are you? Some might say, the FASTER you are on the uptake when you get the lead (auto/ predictive/ preview dialer, etc) and the BETTER you are on the phone (listening, matching, offering the right choices, smoothly getting it done), the LESS you may need to pay the premium to receive exclusive leads.

It could be argued that newer, less experienced phone/web agents might do better with a more captive audience and less competition. More experienced, savvy, speedy, well-equipped agents might do just fine to save the money and churn the lower-cost shared leads. Because they're better than the "average" and can win out even though they're faced with faster dialers and smoother closers.

Just my take.

Lots of variables.

- Mark Quotit

Well said. Experienced agents with solid skills do well with either method. Personally, the less knuckleheads I deal with regarding other agents calling the better....gets old - fast.

For new agents, shared leads is a failed concept - over and over and over again. In fact, if you want to fail as a new agent, go grab yourself some shared leads.

I'm watching agents who used to blank put in 5 deals a week just by switching from shared to exclusive.

Results don't lie. Of course, everyone has a theory. I don't deal in theories.

Well said. Experienced agents with solid skills do well with either method. Personally, the less knuckleheads I deal with regarding other agents calling the better....gets old - fast.

For new agents, shared leads is a failed concept - over and over and over again. In fact, if you want to fail as a new agent, go grab yourself some shared leads.

I'm watching agents who used to blank put in 5 deals a week just by switching from shared to exclusive.

Results don't lie. Of course, everyone has a theory. I don't deal in theories.

What exclusive lead source do you recommend?

What exclusive lead source do you recommend?

If you find a lead company (subliminal advertising moment) who does not sell shared leads to 8 to 10 people you are in good shape.

There is shared, and there is completely beat to hell.

All of these lead companies going to 8 to 10 agents is why agents are seeking exclusive leads. In the long haul you will find Exclusive Internet leads to be expensive and a lower ROI. There are other forms of exclusive leads based on other marketing techniques, I am specifically talking about Internet leads.

We are beta testing exclusive leads only because people are asking for them however - with prospects going to multiple sites, is it really exclusive?

Semi Exclusive is the ticket if you can find anyone else still doing it.

For example today we had 25% of leads go to 1 agent, 50% go to 2 agents, 20% go to 3 agents, 5% go to 4 agents. Rough estimates - I might be off a few percentage but you get the idea...

That is a semi exclusive lead, and thats how it should be. At least you have a fighting chance. Any lead going to 8 to 10 agents to me isn't worth more than maybe $2 at most, maybe less because of the lower ROI, low contact rate, and complete PITA getting screamed at all day about how you are the 8th caller 2 minutes after getting the lead.

Back