UPS RETIREES GOING THROUGH AON

There is a difference in asking a barely known prospect for "help" and confidently sharing information and solutions with a prospect.

Hence, why the OP is likely doing research outside of asking the prospect to do legwork for him.

It's called sales, LD.

You see, when you involve the client you have to be careful to the extent in which you involve them or you just might end up losing the sale. This is what Scott was saying and this is the part that you did not understand.

Those two statements are perfect examples of allowing fear, rather than engagement and service, to govern an agent's interaction with a client.

Approaching a potential client in fear is not a good way to sell stuff.

If you think doing research outside of the parameters of direct dialogue with a prospect is "approaching a client in fear" then you are delusional.

The bottom line is this. If the OP can say, "Mr. Prospect, we spoke last time and you indicated that you'll have AON as an option - based on my research, you are not required to use AON as your agency in order to still get access to your funds. We've already established that I offer better options than AON's limited offerings. Here is what we need to do. I'm e-mailing you the reimbursement form right now that you'll need, and we'll go over that soon, but while I do that let's talk again about the Plan G we discussed."

That's 10 times better than, "Uh, Mr. Prospect, would you mind asking AON or UPS if I can sell you a policy and you still get reimbursed? I'd really like to be your agent, but I'm not sure if I can. Once you get the answer, please let me know what you find out and we can start an application. Pretty please. Also, if you wouldn't mind, please do some research on how you'll get the reimbursements - because I don't have a clue."

You see - it's called sales - it's what we do here at the big kids table.

Again, you need to leave the forum, not only are you not an agent, but I'm convinced you would have never made it as an agent, had you tried. Not a knock on you personally, you could likely do things we can't - 92% of people can't make it in this industry.

Those two statements are perfect examples of allowing fear, rather than engagement and service, to govern an agent's interaction with a client.

You will just do anything to justify what you're saying. Once again, if you really understood it you wouldn't see anything in there that involved fear of any kind. I have no idea what goes on in your head to make you think any differently. And then there is the fact that we both tell you there is no fear there and you keep saying there is. It's our statements you are over-analyzing, so when we try to tell you what we mean you should take it like we say, not what you want it to say.

Once again, all you're doing is trying to justify something you wrongly interpreted in the first place. You're a real piece of work! :wacko:

Will this thread ever catch it's own tail? Does Medicare cover mental health Lost Dollar disease? Seems to be contagious, irritating, and comes with a nasty rash.

Bingo.

They do get paid twice.

And the retirees take it in the shorts. Limited options. High priced Medigap and PDP. Plus they are getting advice from $17 reps who completed 2 weeks training on how to work the computer.

Not quite bingo. Retirees may, or may not, have "limited" options. They ARE
getting advice from $17 reps who completed 2 weeks training". Source: have done that kind of work for that kind of firm.

And those people, and that advice, can be & often is quite good and surprisingly painstaking. And rigorously, obsessively, standardized. Y'know, like Mickey D's? Corporate buyers of services eat that up (pun intended).

What beneficiaries don't necessarily get is relationship continuity -- ready access to someone they trust.

As far as products, while there are many differences, and those differences can be crucial for some beneficiaries, It's important to remember that the single biggest thing people need to be reassured about is that if they've qualified for Medicare, they're winners already -- in many if not most cases their selection of Medicare coverage options is a matter of making what's a pretty good situation for them as much better as a conscientious, experienced adviser can help them make it.

It still looks to me like asking your potential client for help in accessing the information would be the most simple and direct approach to getting what you need.

I understand the thought as I understand this is how most people, Without experience, think, To them, it seems logical.

However, Experience shows simply asking prospect will not yield correct answers, they will always be lead by their fears, Many times to their own hurt, Taking a fear of rocking the boat attitude.

They already don't know the answers that is why they come across my desk. If I can't find the answer and prove it, They will be more afraid of what they will lose by leaving rather then how much they can save in the long run

Back