Wellcare $0 PDP in 2025

I can't imagine there is an independent agent in the U.S. who would ever consider selling another Wellcare/Centene Medicare product. How could you ever trust them not to do the exact same thing after you build a book of MAPD clients?
This. WellCare is absolutely dead to me until the end of time. I hope that company figuratively burns to the ground, and I will do everything in my power to try and make it happen.

I’m having 20,000 mailers printed up and am having them delivered to all the mailboxes in my neighborhood, telling people what they did and to stay away from this company that likes to steal money.

I’m also listing all the names they operate under, on there….Centene, Ambetter, Healthnet, Fidelis, Allwell, and MeridianCare.

I also posted paid ads on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and X (Twitter), informing the general public of the unethical and felonious way this company operates.

I encourage everyone to do the same. Facebook and IG ads are dirt cheap.

I also do ACA under-65 market and just convinced two of my clients to switch from Ambetter to Blue Cross during open enrollment. They'll save a little money, too.

In case you couldn’t tell, I don’t take theft of my money lightly or kindly.

F**k em. The gloves are off.

Last edited:
This. WellCare is absolutely dead to me until the end of time. I hope that company figuratively burns to the ground, and I will do everything in my power to try and make it happen.

I’m having 20,000 mailers printed up and am having them delivered to all the mailboxes in my neighborhood, telling people what they did and to stay away from this company that likes to steal money.

In case you couldn’t tell, I don’t take theft of my money lightly or kindly.

I’m also listing all the names they operate under….Centene, Ambetter, Healthnet, Fidelis, and MeridianCare.

I also posted paid ads on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and X (Twitter), informing the general public of the unethical and felonious way this company operates.

I also do ACA under-65 market and just convinced two of my clients to switch from Ambetter to Blue Cross during open enrollment. They'll save a little money, too.

F**k em. the gloves are off.
I’m waiting for the email from Ambetter around 10/1 saying they are also not paying commission on new or renewal business for ACA plans. They are 1/2 price of everyone else in my area so have 100% of my clients on Ambetter.

I’m waiting for the email from Ambetter around 10/1 saying they are also not paying commission on new or renewal business for ACA plans. They are 1/2 price of everyone else in my area so have 100% of my clients on Ambetter.
They suck in Michigan, that would be bad

I wouldn't doubt it. They're a shitty MedicAID company that was never used to paying agents, and then they decided to get into MediCARE and the ACA with the companies they bought up.

I know some people in here might roll their eyes or think I'm being extreme with my suggestions and tactics, but if we don't fight this hard, this is gonna become a trend in many different lines, not just PDP's.

Being passive/complacent and taking it up the rear end does none of us any good. Giving them bad publicity on a MASSIVE scale, while simultaneously taking our valuable lines of business away from them (Medicare Advantage, ACA, etc.) is how we win.

Also, if any of you have people that take lots of prescriptions, and or very expensive prescriptions, just leave them with WellCare. These people will drain them.

Just remember, nobody in the general public likes an evil and greedy CEO. Use this to your advantage. People are tired of seeing these kinds of evil things being done by big government and/or major global corporations.

Last edited:
Yeah 10000% this has zero chance of happening.

For every one that is caught and corrected, I wonder how many times people get sucked into changing without realizing it.

Or even outright switched without consent.

Last year during AEP, one of my Plan G clients told me how good her Humana dental was... but she didn't think her Plan G did much. Three years - three years! She had MAPD + G. Plan G paid $0 for 3 yrs and she just kinda was ok with things (very few claims). She just thought it was dental.
I've seen this many times, not with any of my clients though. it happened to a colleague, lady ended up cancelling Supp, got a refund for idk how many years and he got a FAT chargeback.

On a positive note...

Lets say you review the medigap and pdp of your wellcare client, and the its time to replace their medigap with a lower premium (due to rate increases)...

if you replace the medigap, and the premium is $20 more than the original commissionable premium, your monthly commission is roughly $4 more per month, assuming a 20% comp.... so that will offset the loss in PDP commission...

I suppose this doesnt work exactly with UHC since they pay a fixed dollar comp.

WC First Look 2025 has been updated with premiums - Wellcare Value Script premium in California is actually $17.40, up from $.40.

I spot checked some of the other states. Most are $0 premium, but at least a handful are not.

So there is room for some other plan(s) to be the best combination of quality and price in those states.

Back