AHIP 2019

100% impossible to not find an answer to an AHIP question.

You know what this years test was weird, I usually click through till test and get 100, Today I did that and got 88 and failed, Had to redo it

There were weird things like a question about, Under 65 ESRD when qualified for Medicare, I looked it up on medicare.gov said If Getting dialysis self-administered at home right away qualified, But If in skilled nursing after 4 months

The question on the test did not specify which scenario, I got that one wrong the first time as I went with the 1st scenario

There were few other weird things like if have Medicaid and an MA PPO and go out of network, and cost share The answer turned out to be by Medicaids costs are,I know that's not right

Another If AEP enrollee, Disenrolls change of address in feb is that full chargeback?

I have changed my own clients that way and got full chargeback,

Also had to fight to get reimbursed on rapid disenrollment last year because It was NEW to Medicare, That I switched AEP 2 months later to a plan not previously available
I found out at that time this was the one scenario( when New to medicare makes AEP change within first 3 months) it is not rapid disenrollment and I still had to fight for it,

And at that time I was able to find on Medicare that this was the one exception to the rapid disenrollment rule

And I still don't know what is an opt-in simplified enrollment mechanism and what the qualifications are And why some T65 can use it and others not

Whatever I passed 2nd time, Not a big deal, But its not what you are making it out to be here, Not this year

Last edited:
Some of the questions are vague and confusing and some aren’t addressed in the training material but, then again, my IQ is not that high:)
But I made that comment to Tom, because he has a high IQ(124...used to be 132 until he fell out of a tree and landed on hs head) and doesn't need to look the answers up.....so how would he know that you can find the answer to every question on the test? :skeptical:

But I made that comment to Tom, because he has a high IQ(124...used to be 132 until he fell out of a tree and landed on hs head) and doesn't need to look the answers up.....so how would he know that you can find the answer to every question on the test? :skeptical:
My comment was pointed toward him:)

He’s the only Harvard guy I know that sells insurance door to door for a living:)

Whatever I passed 2nd time, Not a big deal, But its not what you are making it out to be here, Not this year

I haven't done 2020 yet - seems to be different. Those questions you posted aren't familiar from years past . . .

Our friend Google is almighty and full of clickable wisdom ;)

Back