Door knocking Face to Face in 2024

I've never done Medicare. I probably have 15-20 appts per week and DK every second of downtime in between appts.

Yep, the next generation is starting to come in. That's another reason telesales is starting to work... no matter what someone who has never done it says!
I'll go a step further and say it may skip the phones and go to web generated A.I. like car insurance and auto, they may only call or answer a phone call from a telemarketer if they have questions before buying the policy. I say this because I'm 40, when I become a senior citizen, I cannot see my generation filling out direct mail. Our generation will be too tech savvy. And with crime increasing combined with the younger generation becoming less social, I seriously doubt anyone is going to want a stranger in their home. But I could be wrong.

You don't hear from telesales FE producers making money. Why is that?

It's only the pimps talking shit!

Well if you have to make 300 phone calls, per day, I suppose you wouldn't have time. Seems like unless their doing inbound, quite a bit are grinding well into 8-11 p.m at night from the ones I talked to. Would be good to hear from them on these boards. But from what I am seeing on the team meetings from different telesales companies I have been on, most are dropping out with little to no activity.

As far as the numbers for telesales here is my observation from the different Telesales Imo I was invited too. They all give you a sales manager that will be over you to coach and support a group of 10-15 people. Sitting in on these different meetings there was about 3 people who generated 10k to 20k in premiums (all women) for the month, and the next seven generated about 1k to 5k for the month, and the rest dropped out and fell off the radar. YTD average seems to range from 15k to 45k so far. The women I talked to seem to be doing both inbound and outbound I believe with calls being slow for election season. I don't know about chargebacks, didn't ask. I'm pretty sure the higher producers are spending $1500 or more on leads.

The second Imo team meeting I listened in on produced little to nothing for the week. Both of the IMO managers proceeded to crack the whip about the low sales and chargebacks, (as they should), even perhaps putting 2 people against each other for contest. One lady purchased 63 leads but only made 8 phone calls for the week. But what tripped me out was today when asking the team why calls were low, 2 people said they had a death in the family. The manager let them know that's not an excuse and that when her son had a freak motorcycle accident, she didn't step one foot in the waiting room. She stayed on the phone calls. They didn't get as little as a condolence. So I see why JD says pimp, lol.

All in all, I have no doubt it works but you have to have discipline to hammer those phones. Now I don't know what top producers are really making when you consider lead costs, chargebacks, and managing state license fees. But overall, I found it a tad bit overwhelming and decided to start simple with face to face.

I originally like Doug Massi's Telesales program of having 20 pre-set appointments already scheduled but his crm of $300, $1200 set up and leads were a bit costly and if your not working Monday, you better be working Tues-Friday from 9 am to 8 p.m.

Last edited:
It might take that amount of time if dialing out to the leads. But with live TV transfers an agent can talk to more people per hour because the dialing and dialing time hoping to reach someone is eliminated.

But the agent should be licensed in 20+ states to make it work. What I mean is if an agent is licensed in just 3 states, for ex, they would have lots of down time waiting for live TV transfers to come their way, just like the agent dialing out has down time, waiting to have a conversation with a lead.
Then why doesn't even one of them have time to back you up? Even one time?

Then why doesn't even one of them have time to back you up? Even one time?

The same reason none of BGA's, Massi's, or Duford's team posts up here. They're busy on the phones making money. They don't wish to debate the uninformed. This forum is a microcosm of the FE industry.

The same reason none of BGA's, Massi's, or Duford's team posts up here. They're busy on the phones making money. They don't wish to debate the uninformed. This forum is a microcosm of the FE industry.
I agree it's the same reason. And it's the reason I've stated and the reason you want to ignore.

The pimps post though.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Its a good thing because with telesales you'll have more presentations per hour which equate to more commissions per hour if using live TV transfers. Outbound dialing I don't know the figures.

Even if telesales closing % was 10% less than field sales, the sheer increase in volume of presentatins per week over rides the 15% lesser closing %. Live TV transfers, and being licensed in multiple states, makes this easily possible. Profit per hour is the true metric of what we do.

Of course the "using personal car for business use" mileage deduction would not be available for telsales.

Back