Facebook Ad's Need Help!

My point is if you offer an incentive, many will "raise their hand" because of the incentive and not for the actual offer. Still a waste of ad spend with your logic.

It matters. You're drumming up business on this forum as a creative, yet you're not even creative with your book title.

I don't want agents mistaking my book for yours. That's why it really matters. I'm asking you to change the title.
My point is if you offer an incentive, many will "raise their hand" because of the incentive and not for the actual offer. Still a waste of ad spend with your logic.

It matters. You're drumming up business on this forum as a creative, yet you're not even creative with your book title.

I don't want agents mistaking my book for yours. That's why it really matters. I'm asking you to change the title.

1. Not quite, if you're giving out say a $25 gift card vs. a free report on XYZ subject *an incentive*

2. There's no way they'd mistake the two.

3. Finally, our titles are different and there's no yours would be mistaken for ours.

2. There's no way they'd mistake the two.

3. Finally, our titles are different and there's no yours would be mistaken for ours.

Look at your signature and mine. The links to our books are very similar. People can mistake them.

The Digital Insurance Agent: The Simple Path To Getting More Customers & Shattering Your Sales Goals

vs.

The Digital Life Insurance Agent: How to Market Life Insurance Online and Sell Over The Phone

No title has been stolen.

As a creative, you do know the difference between a title and a subtitle, right?

The subtitle doesn't matter - it's a description no one will remember. The title of your e-book is the same as mine with one word omitted.

You've implied that my book influenced your title by dodging the questions.

It would be easy for you to change the name since it's an eBook. Simply rename it and change the cover art.

And here's some unsolicited advice to a new insurance marketing agency, with no reviews, unknown identities of the people behind it, big setup fees and claiming to be the "1st digital advertising agency strictly for insurance agents" (you're over a decade behind).

Reputation is everything for lead generation agencies. You have a lot of trust building to do within the insurance community. I'd start working on that.

Look at your signature and mine. The links to our books are very similar. People can mistake them.

As a creative, you do know the difference between a title and a subtitle, right?

The subtitle doesn't matter - it's a description no one will remember. The title of your e-book is the same as mine with one word omitted.

You've implied that my book influenced your title by dodging the questions.

It would be easy for you to change the name since it's an eBook. Simply rename it and change the cover art.

And here's some unsolicited advice to a new insurance marketing agency, with no reviews, unknown identities of the people behind it, big setup fees and claiming to be the "1st digital advertising agency strictly for insurance agents" (you're over a decade behind).

Reputation is everything for lead generation agencies. You have a lot of trust building to do within the insurance community. I'd start working on that.

1. You're still on this?

2. No, I implied that my answer is irrelevant, yes or no. *think about it*

3. And?

4. You know what they say about unsolicited advice! : P

5. We let our results do the talking. The agencies we work with like what we do. That works for us!

1. You're still on this?

2. No, I implied that my answer is irrelevant, yes or no. *think about it*

3. And?

4. You know what they say about unsolicited advice! : P

5. We let our results do the talking. The agencies we work with like what we do. That works for us!

May I ask you to use the quotes to put the statement you are answering, this would make reading your answers easier to follow. I don't know which statement you are answering in the above paragraph. I have to keep going up to the paragraph above.

I think I made a breakthrough this week. But, I could have just had a good week.

I can't believe I thought I had everything figured out almost a year ago. I didn't put the final pieces together until June of this year. My leads have been consistent since then.

Here is what I've learned.

Connecticut is a tiny market. Some of the best practices for Facebook - that work for larger markets - not only don't work but, backfire. (It only took me a year and many thousands of dollars to figure that out. Ouch!)

I was crippled by two ad fatigue issues. People get tired of seeing the same ad over and over. And this happens quickly if you have a small audience.

And... since Facebook remembers how poorly the ad performed when you last ran it, a fatigued ad will probably still perform poorly even if you wait 6 months to rerun it.

What I've done in Connecticut will probably not work in your state, at least not without major modifications. Connecticut is both a guaranteed issue and a community-rated state for Medigap. I didn't realize how rare that is when I started.

I think about 80% of my clients under 70 should have MAPD since they can move to a Medigap during any AEP. Also we've had a 5-star PDP in CT for a the last few years. This means they're qualified for an SEP year round.

Connecticut's uniqueness means many of the 300 emails I've written contain horrible advice for residents of other states who should stay away from MAPD.

So I can't just mail merge (find and replace) another agent's contact info into my content. The system I hoped to syndicate will be overpriced for most agents if I have to hand customize each email.

It works for me, but it took a lot of time to get it to work well.

My CPA is about $300. Since I write mostly T65 MAPD I make a small profit the first year and then $271 each year thereafter.

Here is an outline
  • Start writing emails with tips until you get about 10 done.
  • Create an ebook
  • Create a Facebook ad promoting your ebook.
  • Run the ad
  • Capture email address of everyone who requests your ebook
  • Send an email with a link to your ebook
  • Send postal mail (if you capture postal addresses up front)
  • Send email weekly until you have written enough emails to increase the frequency.
  • Eventually send emails daily
  • Encourage your readers to request recommendations. I used the email body to give tips and soft sell. I have a CTA in every PS or PPS.
  • Consider sending monthly or semi-monthly post cards. (Not sure on the ROI of that piece yet.)
If you try this, you'll need to test multiple ads and e-books until you create a combination that works.

Plus you (or someone) has to crank out a couple hundred words every day or so.

Your ebook doesn't have to be very long. The first one I created is 21 pages. But my 3-page cheat sheets work just as well. One of my lead magnets is just the price list pdf from the insurance department with a cover sheet.

The ebooks and cheat sheets don't fatigue, but having multiple lead magnets makes it easier to create more ads to test.

When you have a good ad, expect it to fatigue. So create several variations of your winning ads once you identify one.

Once I have a good concept or script, I can usually find someone on Fiverr to make several versions of it for $5 to $50. Simple graphic-only ads can cost $5 or so. You can get a spokesperson or whiteboard ad done for about $50, but you'll have to give them the script.

You can get a system like this to work, but it can take a while to test and tweak each element.

It's almost AEP, so I may not be on the forum much in the next two months. But I'll check this thread and respond to your PMs when I can.

Thank you, Alston, for your fine work, candor, professionalism and willingness to share what is and is not working for you. I believe marketing is as much luck as it is hard work and creativity. Those who have all the answers for every situation are either not in touch with reality or have an inflated sense of themselves.

There are plenty of agents who share information here. Most will say this works for me but it may or may not for you.

While others are promoting the only way to succeed is to follow their path.

You and I have been in this game long enough to know the path to success is an ability to try new things when you realize the old ways are no longer productive. There are no magic bullets. No substitute for hard work.

And there is no single path to success.

My business model is all internet and email. I have been told that I will miss a lot of prospects that way. That I need to use DM and TM if I want to be successful.

My only commissionable product is Medigap. Some have criticized me for that approach as well, saying there are some people who cannot afford a supplement plan.

My response is, if they can't afford Medigap they can't afford to get sick with an MA plan either.

I can't help everyone nor do I pretend to help everyone.

What is working for me is a combination of web content, e-newsletters, a FB page (but no paid ads) and a YouTube channel.

YMMV

Back