Laser Printer Recommendations

Nice to see some rationale. Brother has a good reputation, and I understand their after-sale service is good. I understand the concept of "planned obsolescence", but Brother and HP were night and day different when it came to writing Windows7 drivers for their XP-designed units.

In addition to Brother, Canon also puts out a few very good units. But it would still be helpful to know more about how you plan to use the machine.

my current canon d1150 image class is good for a 2 man office, its an all in one and the ink is cheap... i pay 70 dollars for 3 toners and each toner gets me roughly 2500 pages. only thing i dislike is it sucks it back in to print on other side, will upgrade to printing on both sides when this one gets old

I'm not using the Xerox printer. But if I needed a printer for color printing and mailers, I would use that one.

To get it for free (a rather expensive printer), you'd have to buy your supplies from them. That's why they ask how many pages you print per month as part of qualifying for their program - they want to be sure that you'll be ordering suppies on a regular basis.

After the contract term, the printer is yours to keep and (of course) you're used to ordering your supplies from them, so that's how they make their money.

It's not a laser printer, but a wax-type of ink. Less waste, higher quality prints and more environmentally-friendly. When it's economical, then I like things being environmentally friendly - not as a primary reason to buy.

Not an all in one. We have an ink jet that we use for scanning. We are wanting a dedicated laser printer for the larger jobs. Not sure about color or black only. What is yalls preference on that?

I'm not using the Xerox printer. But if I needed a printer for color printing and mailers, I would use that one.

To get it for free (a rather expensive printer), you'd have to buy your supplies from them. That's why they ask how many pages you print per month as part of qualifying for their program - they want to be sure that you'll be ordering suppies on a regular basis.

After the contract term, the printer is yours to keep and (of course) you're used to ordering your supplies from them, so that's how they make their money.

It's not a laser printer, but a wax-type of ink. Less waste, higher quality prints and more environmentally-friendly. When it's economical, then I like things being environmentally friendly - not as a primary reason to buy.

Ah yes i was looking at the phaser all in one to do my mailers! but they want a min. 3500 pages per month and they show with their inks it will cost about 21c per page for color.

Does anyone know how much their paying for their mailers now? I checked staples and its like 60c per color page. I want to do a brochure trifold mailer, but i doubt i can complete the 3500 min usage. (if you fall under its 200 per month)

Not an all in one. We have an ink jet that we use for scanning. We are wanting a dedicated laser printer for the larger jobs. Not sure about color or black only. What is yalls preference on that?
It depends on what you will print in color. If it's logos or business graphics, charts, etc, laser color is fine. If you're going to print photo-type stuff, inkjet is better. If you plan to print mostly text, laser is better.

Laser B&W will cost 2-5 cents per page, color 10-13 cents. If you buy a small color laser that can't use large capacity toner cartridges, your cost per page will be even higher.

To split the difference, you should consider the HP 8600. It's an inkjet, but no question the best one out there. It comes in a few varieties.

i use brother 2140 mono, and cl 3070 for color... color doesn't help for return ratio though... 99% are gonna throw it away immediately either way....

get one with built in wireless, unless you want to add wireless router to it... staples has 2140 and equivalent always on sale, i have 2 of them... 50 bucks is all... and don't let others refill the toner... you can print 4k pages for $4 of toner.. if you go brother, you'll want to get the flag gears reset kit on ebay

a neat trick to the brother cartridges. When you get the low toner signal put a piece of duct tape over the little inspection window. You will get hundreds more pages out of it.

I always thought color would give me a better return ratio, im doing those trifold flyer mailers thing

Back