$3,482 Printer Ink.

OK, I was complaining about having to run out to buy <^&$@#!n& more ink cartridges then googled how much does printer ink cost per gallon. I know there are ink bottle type solutions but have been to lazy to pursue it. Maybe it is time to look at color lasers again. $3,500 a %^)(&@? GALLON?!? You know how much Basil Hayden that is?!?

"" Printer ink, the simple black liquid that people have been using for centuries. How much does Ink really cost? We’ll take an HP 564 black cartridge. This particular cartridge can hold 12 ML of ink. OEM priced at $12.99, we can factor that the ink inside is worth 92 cents per ML. Converting Metric to standard for a more conventional approach means 1 gallon is equal to 3785 ML. That said 1 Gallon of HP ink is worth approximately $3482.""

How much does printer ink really cost?

Why is printer ink so expensive?

OK, I was complaining about having to run out to buy <^&$@#!n& more ink cartridges then googled how much does printer ink cost per gallon. I know there are ink bottle type solutions but have been to lazy to pursue it. Maybe it is time to look at color lasers again. $3,500 a %^)(&@? GALLON?!? You know how much Basil Hayden that is?!?

"" Printer ink, the simple black liquid that people have been using for centuries. How much does Ink really cost? We’ll take an HP 564 black cartridge. This particular cartridge can hold 12 ML of ink. OEM priced at $12.99, we can factor that the ink inside is worth 92 cents per ML. Converting Metric to standard for a more conventional approach means 1 gallon is equal to 3785 ML. That said 1 Gallon of HP ink is worth approximately $3482.""

How much does printer ink really cost?

Have you checked the price for refilled cartridges on Amazon? I've been buying them at 20% of the price I used to pay and haven't had a problem with them. The only thing is it doesn't usually show the ink level you have left.

https://www.cobraink.com/ink/4-6 color dye base.htm

Time to get a Continuous Ink System.

This is a pretty darn good printer too:
https://www.cobraink.com/Printers/epson3640.htm

Those are some low printer prices. Any guess how the print cost compares to a color laser.

----------

Have you checked the price for refilled cartridges on Amazon? I've been buying them at 20% of the price I used to pay and haven't had a problem with them. The only thing is it doesn't usually show the ink level you have left.

I have not, but will look into them. I need to drop off a policy near Costco so am going to try their refill service for Blue and the Black I just replaced.

Cyan? Really? Damn Commie Ink people. 'Merica!

Switch to laser printer. Machine costs more but you'll have better quality & ink cost are so much less you save in the log run. I buy laser cartridge for $16. Shop the internet. Look for refurbished printer. I love Brother MFC - print, scan, copy, fax.

I have a Brother b&w laser printer and love it. I can find refills for $20 and I have to buy them maybe 3 or 4 times per year. It is also extremely fast compared to most inkjets.

I mostly print in b&w so I have a color inkjet printer for anything color. I might buy a refill for it twice a year.

I like standalone units and not all-in-ones because I have found them to be more reliable.

Id 2nd looking at refurbished units. You can find them on ebay, amazon, newegg, tiger direct, etc. MUCH better value. If it is a manufacturer refurbished one it often comes with a 6 month warranty. Some vendors who refurbish will give you a 1-3 month warranty. Also, regular used units are not always that bad either. You would be surprised what you can find on ebay or craigslist for really good prices.

Last edited:
I had a big giant Dell color laser printer for 10 years and did a LOT of printing back then. I only needed toners about every 12-18 months.

Now I have a Brother and do very little printing and I'm using them up every three months.

I should have kept the Dell. That thing was HUGE though.

I should have kept the Dell. That thing was HUGE though.

I don't know. Looks pretty small compared to this woman.

Then again. Maybe she is 10 ft tall.

9bf1b2228d040bbbd27e2035f831e304.jpg

Back