Laser Printer Recommendations

Will the Brother mono do duplex? If I got one that did not do auto duplex, if I flipped over and printed on the other side would it affect the quality (ie smear)

Yes their duplexing printers do. Also wireless network.
That is what duplexing means. Two sided printing. FYI, there is a $30.off cuopon at Office depot on Brother printers right now.

No, if the paper is good and the toner is name brand, it won't smear under normal conditions if you have to flip it to print the other side.

Thanks. I will check out office depot. If it says that it will not do auto duplex then will it smear if I just printed one side and flipped then printed the second side.

They are so cheap, get the duplex. If you go with office depot, I can send you the coupon code. I just checked to see if I still had my 5250. I do not. I would have shipped that to you for just shipping cost.

Lee

if you try to flip to print the other side, the heat from the toner will curl the paper, so you'll run into several issues where it won' t feed from the paper tray, and you have to manually feed... go for the duplex if you want to print both sides

WinoBlues said:
They are so cheap, get the duplex. If you go with office depot, I can send you the coupon code. I just checked to see if I still had my 5250. I do not. I would have shipped that to you for just shipping cost.

Lee

Guess I will go with duplex. So it's $30 off. Whew hoo. Thank you. You are kind.

It's not a laser but will do near laser quality, forget who on the forum clued me in to them .:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began. It's a continuous feed ink system where you just have to buy bulk ink, very slick if you do much color and super cheap to use.

It was probably me. Cobra Ink is good. If I were to do it again, I'd buy a printer directly from them with the CIS system.

I previously bought refillable cartridges and it clogged up my ink jets and wouldn't print. Don't know what happened. Make sure that if there's a cleaning process, that you follow it.

It was probably me. Cobra Ink is good. If I were to do it again, I'd buy a printer directly from them with the CIS system.

I previously bought refillable cartridges and it clogged up my ink jets and wouldn't print. Don't know what happened. Make sure that if there's a cleaning process, that you follow it.

I bought it directly from them and I couldn't be happier. It's hard to imagine ever buying another type of printer unless I really felt that a color laser was needed. Maybe once every 6 months or so I'll notice that things aren't printing quite as sharp and I just run it through and noozle cleaning cycle and it's good to go again.

Back