My Leads Suck??

Text subject line -

Here is an example from last week. I was replying to an email asking if I could help him with a quote.

Message by You: RE: Referral From Jxxx Gxxxb: Hi David, I am happy to help. May I give you a call in about 15-20 minutes? I would like to spend a couple of minutes to narrow down what you want so we can quote the appropriate plans. I will be calling from this number. It is my personal cell, Feel free to use it anytime. Lee Friday, August 3 2018, 4:50 PM

Now if I do a search a year or two down the line I get a quick refresher. I can seach David or Jxxe.

So what part starts the message you send, RE: Referral?

Yep. They have multiple call centers out there. Which is why P&C agents should be very cautious about buying leads from many internet vendors. @Bob Klee has said repeatedly that HomeTown Quotes won't sell to call centers for this very reason.

I understand Progressive does much the same.

Wait-a-minute...are you saying that Geico has 'call center's for outbound prospecting?'

Did i just read that right? (is it me or...?)

?

Text subject line -

Here is an example from last week. I was replying to an email asking if I could help him with a quote.

Message by You: RE: Referral From Jxxx Gxxxb: Hi David, I am happy to help. May I give you a call in about 15-20 minutes? I would like to spend a couple of minutes to narrow down what you want so we can quote the appropriate plans. I will be calling from this number. It is my personal cell, Feel free to use it anytime. Lee Friday, August 3 2018, 4:50 PM

Now if I do a search a year or two down the line I get a quick refresher. I can seach David or Jxxe.
That is GOLD Jerry! Gold! :yes:

Wait-a-minute...are you saying that Geico has 'call center's for outbound prospecting?'

Did i just read that right? (is it me or...?)

?

Yes, yes they do. If by outbound prospecting you mean calling leads. To the best of my knowledge they do not cold call.

So what part starts the message you send, RE: Referral?

RE: Referral From Jxxx Gxxxb:

I
n this case. Sometimes it will be something like RE: Your policy expiration date: or RE: your policy update info: or RE: Your Beneficiary wording?: I get a lot of referrals So a lot of times I include that name so I see the relationship down the road. More of a search tag for later. Hell, in the contacts I have reminders that pop up as soon as the call ID does Example this client name is - Axxxt Fxxxn - Client - mother Lxxxa Mxxxz So when he calls it reminds me who and his mother (a client) are. The Wife and I can be driving down the highway and the phone goes off, she can tell me who it is. I tag accuantences the same way Bill Smith - A.L. Post 149 - Wife Broomhilda. As you know I am a frail old man. I need all of the memory help I can get. And none of this cost me a dime extra

What ever it is pertaining to. Or just a teaser to get them to respond if they have not. Something that keeps looking at them when they look at the text they have not replied to.

That is GOLD Jerry! Gold!

wino-wisdom.jpg

P&C is alive and well for agents who don't compete on Geico/Progressive/etc.'s terms. You have to be different. Health went away not because of websites, but because no one pays a commission anymore.

There is still plenty of room and life left for Life and FE agents, but you can't compete on someone else's terms.

Did you know that Geico is one of the biggest buyer of leads out there? Think on that for a while.

So you say Health went away because of commissions. I was considering getting a health license and doing FE and cross sell Medicare too. Is getting the Health worth getting???

Yes, yes they do. If by outbound prospecting you mean calling leads. To the best of my knowledge they do not cold call.

Ok, that's not considered outbound prospecting (in-my-book). Out-bound is cold-calling, spam-emailing, etc.

For a minute there, i thought you saying they 'cold-called' (which is outbound). You're saying they are responding to 'Warm-Leads.'

However, i would think with Geico's Muscle, they could buy lead companies and run their own in-house lead development program???

Maybe they are so big, they don't care what they pay-for-leads???

Last edited:
Ok, that's not considered outbound prospecting (in-my-book). Out-bound is cold-calling, spam-emailing, etc.

For a minute there, i thought you saying they 'cold-called' (which is outbound). You're saying they are responding to 'Warm-Leads.'

However, i would think with Geico's Muscle, they could buy lead companies and run their own in-house lead development program???

Maybe they are so big, they don't care what they pay-for-leads???

They do both. They develop their own and buy as well.

So you say Health went away because of commissions. I was considering getting a health license and doing FE and cross sell Medicare too. Is getting the Health worth getting???

You should get a health license. However, when most people say health insurance without any qualifiers, they are typically referring to under 65 Major Med. Medicare and supplemental products are alive and well. As is Long Term Care and Disability, all of which require a health license.

Back