My Leads Suck??

Not to say you aren't right, but it can also be super regional; some areas just tend to consistently be less accurate regardless of the source.

The most difficult area we are working currently is MD. Specifically Baltimore and suburbs of Baltimore. What has been your experience there? Have you found the lists to be more or less effective in that area?

The most difficult area we are working currently is MD. Specifically Baltimore and suburbs of Baltimore. What has been your experience there? Have you found the lists to be more or less effective in that area?

Mostly the problem children tend to be Florida and California, but it's not surprising Baltimore is giving you troubles. I live about an hour from there and am pretty familiar with the area, the biggest reason I see people having issues with data is when they're in areas where people are highly transient; considering the cost of living and it being a fairly urban area, I would expect the people in Baltimore to be above average when it comes to moving which is just a nightmare with data.

Many Seniors only have cell phones now. Their carrier has them install free software (like call protect for AT&T) which allows them to report a number as s telemarketer. As soon as around 10 people have reported the same number the words “Likely Telemarketer” pops up on every AT&T users phone any time they get a call from that number. Then they can just tap a button to block that number from ever calling them again.

It works great for screening out the call centers. But it’s likely reducing answered calls for those of you that are using call centers. It’s just now picking up steam.

Many Seniors only have cell phones now. Their carrier has them install free software (like call protect for AT&T) which allows them to report a number as s telemarketer. As soon as around 10 people have reported the same number the words “Likely Telemarketer” pops up on every AT&T users phone any time they get a call from that number. Then they can just tap a button to block that number from ever calling them again.

It works great for screening out the call centers. But it’s likely reducing answered calls for those of you that are using call centers. It’s just now picking up steam.

Good, let them screen the call centers. Us little guys with one telemarketers will do just fine.

I’m sure the call centers will find a workaround.

what types of areas are better/worse?

Is Wyoming good or bad?

Couldn't tell you about Wyoming one way or the other. Out of ever 100 customers I probably get 1 or 2 complaints about data quality and out of every 10 complaints it seems like 6 or 7 of them are from California or Florida with an honorable mention to Arizona.

Couldn't tell you about Wyoming one way or the other. Out of ever 100 customers I probably get 1 or 2 complaints about data quality and out of every 10 complaints it seems like 6 or 7 of them are from California or Florida with an honorable mention to Arizona.

Wouldnt you expect that this is because there are more agents in FL and CA?

Do the problems happen in urban or rural areas? Is there a pattern?

I am highly focused on rural areas, hence Wyoming, but many great rural counties in GA and FL (especially along the boarder) looking like mighty nice opportunities.

The issue is really wouldnt be impacted by how many agents are there, it boils down more to how the data is being compiled. Some areas are more transient and so the data is harder to keep up. I dont know what the deal is with California, but I grew up in NY and I know a lot of older people migrate from the north to the south for the winter and I cant imagine that doesnt impact things quote a bit.

The issue is really wouldnt be impacted by how many agents are there, it boils down more to how the data is being compiled. Some areas are more transient and so the data is harder to keep up. I dont know what the deal is with California, but I grew up in NY and I know a lot of older people migrate from the north to the south for the winter and I cant imagine that doesnt impact things quote a bit.

We are calling several different areas in NY. I'm very surprised we are doing well in NYC. Also, we are doing well in CT, which I was concerned about as well.

Back