My Leads Suck??

How long do you give it before Life Insurance agents and more specifically Final Expense Agents are replaced by a website. It has pretty much already happened with P&C, and with Health too.

10 years maybe??

P&C is alive and well for agents who don't compete on Geico/Progressive/etc.'s terms. You have to be different. Health went away not because of websites, but because no one pays a commission anymore.

There is still plenty of room and life left for Life and FE agents, but you can't compete on someone else's terms.

Did you know that Geico is one of the biggest buyer of leads out there? Think on that for a while.

I'm a P&C and Life, business, workers comp Independent Agent.
I have not seen the online thing be bad in my area. I am getting more sales from those clients running from the state farms and farmers.
Independent Agents have more to offer than the online folks. I never have to ask my clients for their personal info everytime they call me. I know who they are. I'm available 24/7 for all my clients. I have saved them time and money and have gone to court with them to get them out of tickets, help them with getting their claim paid without a blemish on their policy.
Personal touch works if you know how do do it.

Because they are tired of robocallers. I barely answer my personal or business phone if I don't recognize the number. When businesses start screening their calls, you know it has gotten out of hand.

Man...that is so true. I had to program my cell phone to reject 'spam calls' and it blocked about 90% of them (it works and saved my sanity).

But i hear ya. Telemarketers must use a scrubbed list and be able to 'leave their number' with a catch phrase (to get any kinda response).

How long do you give it before Life Insurance agents and more specifically Final Expense Agents are replaced by a website. It has pretty much already happened with P&C, and with Health too.

10 years maybe??

Maybe you're Right. I need to get into 'programming.' (this sales game is for the birds).

Although, i don't think the avg. FE customer knows how to 'use' a computer, so that may be around a little longer.

P&C is alive and well for agents who don't compete on Geico/Progressive/etc.'s terms. You have to be different. Health went away not because of websites, but because no one pays a commission anymore.

There is still plenty of room and life left for Life and FE agents, but you can't compete on someone else's terms.

Did you know that Geico is one of the biggest buyer of leads out there? Think on that for a while.

No kidding...Geico?

No kidding...Geico?

Yep. They have multiple call centers out there. Which is why P&C agents should be very cautious about buying leads from many internet vendors. @Bob Klee has said repeatedly that HomeTown Quotes won't sell to call centers for this very reason.

I understand Progressive does much the same.

Text subject line -

Here is an example from last week. I was replying to an email asking if I could help him with a quote.

Message by You: RE: Referral From Jxxx Gxxxb: Hi David, I am happy to help. May I give you a call in about 15-20 minutes? I would like to spend a couple of minutes to narrow down what you want so we can quote the appropriate plans. I will be calling from this number. It is my personal cell, Feel free to use it anytime. Lee Friday, August 3 2018, 4:50 PM

Now if I do a search a year or two down the line I get a quick refresher. I can seach David or Jxxe.

Back