Senior citizen beat down

What’s that about?

No one wants to count your money. You want to count other people’s money.

I couldn’t care less if you have a million dollars in your passbook savings account or if you are broker than broke.

YOU care about others.

But Jd you sure as hell brag about your production and other fex boys production . I’m bragging about my deposits which few if any individual personal producing fex agent can touch . Take that to the bank !!! I’ll buy you a drink the week I drop 10 k direct mail in your area and spend 2 weeks at motel 6 . Lmao

Jd there’s 1 of my 2 deposit bank accounts the last 5 weeks . If you can’t show it it’s nothing but talk . I walk the walk and talk the talk . Jd or anyone take a snap shot of some your deposits the last 5 weeks with totals .
Next time you’re down by the river just stop by and I’ll show you mine. I’m in the rusty white van.

But Jd you sure as hell brag about your production and other fex boys production . I’m bragging about my deposits which few if any individual personal producing fex agent can touch . Take that to the bank !!! I’ll buy you a drink the week I drop 10 k direct mail in your area and spend 2 weeks at motel 6 . Lmao
This is the time of year MA junkies get their fix. So I’m sure that’s not FE deposits.

Like that matters.

I guess it does to you?

And why so much hate and gloom and doom all the time if you are doing so well?

This is the time of year MA junkies get their fix. So I’m sure that’s not FE deposits.

Like that matters.

I guess it does to you?

And why so much hate and gloom and doom all the time if you are doing so well?
Not that it matters . 2 accounts about $125 k of deposits . $106 k mapd and $19 k fe and hospital plans . No hate and gloom Jd . I actually respect you . You and me are very much alike . Cocky and confident .

I'm two full weeks into FE sales. I'm trying to set appointments, I'm knocking on leads doors, and I'm working the phone. I seem to be having more luck giving quotes over the phone. But no sales. I don't know how much business you write on follow ups but I have generated some follow up calls for tomorrow and next week.

I'm generating my own leads and people know the ad and exactly what I'm selling when they answer the phone. I've got about 80 leads so far. About 20 no's and 10 follow ups. Not much luck at the doors just a lot of driving.

You're probably thinking, ask your IMO/FMO. I'm probably going to have to move to another one. I would prefer to just leave it at that.

A lot of people already have insurance and have no idea what they've got. This is probably the biggest road block I'm hitting, in addition to all the others. What's the secret to a policy a day? I've seen some people on youtube running apointments selling multiple policies a day. I'm just looking for one! How do you move from activity to sales?
The most important advice I can give you is that you need to look at Miss Mary, that sweet little 72 year old lady as a street hustler. She has dealt with folks like you before and will deal with others after you. She knows what to say because it worked on the last guy. The second you give a quote and you haven't had an in person conversation, you have lost and she has control. She is prepared with one thing to say to get you to go away, but once you counter and assume a lot of times you will be able to overcome that objection and move forward.

I would also encourage you to look at some other lead sources that seem more official to the client. Direct mail is perfect for this. The client fills something out in writing requesting information and you posture that 'it's just your job to get them the information' and you are able to move forward from there. If you can't afford direct mail, I have a free lead program that starts at 70% and once you are on your feet you can bump up to 120% with most carriers and get direct mail for $24 each.

You have gotten some decent advice in here for sure, but it sounds like you need help with a real system to sell from and by what you shared with us (which takes some courage so kudos to you), you need to find someone who can help you navigate this stuff and get deals across the finish line. All the marketers you talk to are 'the best' at everything, but when the rubber meets the road, I would encourage you to look for someone with a proven track record of selling personally at a high level as well as has facilitated an environment that has created several top producers as well.

No one better to consider than @bboman23. I'm biased, as he has been my mentor for a long time, but jump on one of his training calls and you will find that out real quick. There are some other solid ones for sure like Scott who has replied in this post. He has a very good reputation as well.

Wishing you well! Hope you figure this thing out!

Last edited:
When’s the last time you ran leads 5 days a week Scott ? You and Tubey sit in your office sucking $2 mil a yr in overrides min . I know for a fact many of your so called $200 k producers aren’t netting Jack shit after lead cost.But you sure as hell NET YOUR 20-30% of total gross of total premium . That’s why many of your agents hustled over to medicare . As far as leads I know every system in the book and have worked most .I give cica 6 months till they term you as your agents shitting all over it. Throw polish falcons in there too

If an agent spends $1,000 per week on leads, sets their own appointments, and writes $300k+, how are they NOT netting anything?

You're jumping to conclusions. Totally clueless

If an agent spends $1,000 per week on leads, sets their own appointments, and writes $300k+, how are they NOT netting anything?

You're jumping to conclusions. Totally clueless

I never said $300 k . I said $200 k ish and they make little net . I’m quoting what a few of these guys are telling me . Don’t shoot the messenger. Personally if I couldn’t “net “ $300 k a yr I don’t think I’d do this job as selling only . I’d get into recruiting heavy

I never said $300 k . I said $200 k ish and they make little net . I’m quoting what a few of these guys are telling me . Don’t shoot the messenger. Personally if I couldn’t “net “ $300 k a yr I don’t think I’d do this job as selling only . I’d get into recruiting heavy

I can't speak for those agents. I know there are some $200k producers who hire appointment setters and spend $1500 per week on leads. Those guys are not as profitable, but they're still doing well.

But the top agents are setting their own appointments, spending closer to $1000 per week on leads, and writing $300k or more.

Back