Seminar Presentations

I went to Chicago to see a presentation of a lunch seminar by a very successful agent. He does 3 lunch seminars a month and writes 20 25 M yr. He was featured on the cover of Sr Market Advisor magazine.
I'm starting in the next two months.

The ideas for speaking at community centers and libraries is a good idea. I'll mention it to my partner. See if there is any space left in this area.

We will do about 75 this year. They work great and we have a lot of fun doing them!!!

Matt

I agree Matt. They do work once you get a system in place and I really looked forward to the events. We will probably start back up again after the first of the year, I just haven't felt the need business wise.

I agree Matt. They do work once you get a system in place and I really looked forward to the events. We will probably start back up again after the first of the year, I just haven't felt the need business wise.

Yes ones you get things worked out they seem to work well, particularly when you have a few under your belt. Also Seminars’ tend to work best in the Fall, before people switch to holiday mode. :SLEEP:

Having just completed a lunch seminar, I can tell you the dynamic right at this point in history is dramatically different for annuity seminars.

I just spent almost two hours looking at half a room full of deer in the headlights. Getting people to move investments while they are down 30-40% in their life savings is not an easy task.

Having just completed a lunch seminar, I can tell you the dynamic right at this point in history is dramatically different for annuity seminars.

I just spent almost two hours looking at half a room full of deer in the headlights. Getting people to move investments while they are down 30-40% in their life savings is not an easy task.

No kidding! I can't tell you the number of people who are in the "I only lose if I sell now" mode - wow! The re-education of the "typical investor" is really tough. It's kind of like telling them to face reality while they're still in la-la-land.

Hey Rabbi, were you talking about Craig Randall, or who?

I don't know, we are having our best month ever. Making changes right now seems pretty easy to me. People are almost beating down our doors for help. We are having people show up at office every week, with no scheduled appointment, with money they want to roll.

Matt

Seminars are still a great way to get in front of clients. I know some big producing agents and they are really focusing on the IRA and Qualified monies markets. There invitations are gearing only to those clients, and they are telling me that they are getting about 40 to 60 people in a room 3 times per month. Average case size up around $300k.

I know an agent who did the one on one meal programs and he said it was alright - not great, not good, just alright. There is a company out there that does the mailers and set the dinner appointment for you.

Seminars are still a great way to get in front of clients. I know some big producing agents and they are really focusing on the IRA and Qualified monies markets. There invitations are gearing only to those clients, and they are telling me that they are getting about 40 to 60 people in a room 3 times per month. Average case size up around $300k.

I know an agent who did the one on one meal programs and he said it was alright - not great, not good, just alright. There is a company out there that does the mailers and set the dinner appointment for you.

Share the company please.

If one is into doing seminars I highly recommend reading "Seminars-the Emotional Dynamic" by Frank Maselli it will greatly shorten the learning curve and provides a lot of practical detail.

Back