Seminar Presentations

I agree with moonlight

You can't do this over the internet because you can't get the people to set up an individual appointment and also most seniors don't really use the internet.

I agree with moonlight- also most senios don't even know how to use a computer, or atleast enough of them to make it worth your time of hosting it on the internet

I agree with moonlight- also most seniors don't even know how to use a computer, or at least enough of them to make it worth your time of hosting it on the internet

Spot on!

If an agent is selling to seniors he/she better be taking a look at "old school" marketing techniques. At least for the next several years. There are still a whole bunch of seniors and those becoming "seniors" that do not "live" on their computer the way we do. I talk to them every day.

Has anyone done a seminar geared towards LTCi? I have been invited by a church to do a seminar that will be open and advertised to the local community. Will anyone share their experiences with LTC seminars, particularly how effective they are and what does and does not work?

Has anyone done a seminar geared towards LTCi? I have been invited by a church to do a seminar that will be open and advertised to the local community.

Boy, you've got a mighty tough marketing problem here.

Long term care insurance is not only a very tough sale, it's very, very difficult to draw a seminar crowd to. You could work it into a workshop that includes other, sexier topics, but on it's own - no dice.

In addition, a church venue is a very poor choice for drawing attendees to, unless it's done expressly for church members.

Yes, my partner and I are going to give it a try and see how it goes. The pastor was very excited by the idea, and I believe he is going to aggressively promote it to the congregation. He has a policy through the congress, so at least he has a policy and believes in it. Also he is going to advertise it in the local paper with an ad that we suggest to him. He believes he can get 20 people there, although my partner thinks he is being optimistic on that number.

While we will prospect for other products at the same time, my partner said he'd be happy to get 3 appointments from the seminar. Since the pastor's wife is also a pastor at a different church, we figure if we have any success we'll try to make a series out of it.

Yes, my partner and I are going to give it a try and see how it goes.

Trust me, from experience I can tell you that it won't go very well. A long term care insurance seminar given at a local church is unfortunately, about as far as it gets from having any appeal.

You'd get better results from a seminar on root canals or toenail fungus.

Also he is going to advertise it in the local paper with an ad that we suggest to him. He believes he can get 20 people there, although my partner thinks he is being optimistic on that number.

Your partner is right.

To have any chance to get 20 people there, you would have to mail approximately 4,000 invitations to a very highly targeted list - with topics that have some appeal! LTCi ain't it - no matter how much your pastor "believes".

While we will prospect for other products at the same time, my partner said he'd be happy to get 3 appointments from the seminar.

A bad, poorly attended seminar is worse than no seminar at all. When you've got four people there, they're looking around, feeling lonely, and wondering why nobody is there...
BAD.

I would stongly suggest you go back to the drawing board on this one. Good luck!

Spot on!

If an agent is selling to seniors he/she better be taking a look at "old school" marketing techniques. At least for the next several years. There are still a whole bunch of seniors and those becoming "seniors" that do not "live" on their computer the way we do. I talk to them every day.

You mean they are not all on facebook and texting each other. :D

Oddly a few do get hooked on facebook but by and large unless they have been in the corporate world in the past 5 years or so - they are not hooked to technolgy.

Maybe while advertising for the seminar do not make LTC the primary focus; mention it as a topic that will be discussed along with others. Pick whatever you want, maybe MedSupp, Final Expense, etc etc.

Back