Fair Trade..?

A couple months ago a new lead vendor tried selling me live transfers for $25 each. Today they're going for $35-$40 each in a bidding system. Are they ripping people off now?

Supply & demand. Why give something away when someone is willing to pay for it?

Business 101.

Most, if not all, agents that fail out of this business would have still failed even if they were given a 200% commission level. Commission levels are not the reason why they make it or not, training and leads are.

Taking a commission cut for help with good training and/or leads may seem to hurt the new agent initially but will increase the likelihood they will stay in the business in the long term.

If your concern is giving up 30k in commissions for training, you are to short sided to survive in this business

Most, if not all, agents that fail out of this business would have still failed even if they were given a 200% commission level. Commission levels are not the reason why they make it or not, training and leads are.

Taking a commission cut for help with good training and/or leads may seem to hurt the new agent initially but will increase the likelihood they will stay in the business in the long term.

If your concern is giving up 30k in commissions for training, you are to short sided to survive in this business

I would venture to say that your comment is not only short sighted but close minded as well. Talk with others who are successful in the business and hold the view - 80-85% is incredibly low to start. Other IMOS offer 100(low) to start and all have the same training.

This is an open ended question/thread and I'm open to all views. Can you state your case without being an..

Why go with an IMO A who has full range of training at 80-85% vs another IMO offering the same training but at 100-110?

I would venture to say that your comment is not only short sighted but close minded as well. Talk with others who are successful in the business and hold the view - 80-85% is incredibly low to start. Other IMOS offer 100(low) to start and all have the same training.

This is an open ended question/thread and I'm open to all views. Can you state your case without being an..

Why go with an IMO A who has full range of training at 80-85% vs another IMO offering the same training but at 100-110?

Which IMO are you contracted with?

Nothing is ever the same.

Also you will never understand until you actually do this. Not sure what you’re doing on this forum, but the best way to get your questions answered is by going out there and figuring it out.

So, which contract did you go with, which IMO and did you get the training to get you off to a good start?:err:

We all have to start somewhere. When I first started my comp was 42% and you got a bump to 50% when you did 5K in production (Leads were free...if you call that free). Moved to a different IMO and got 75% paying for my own leads to yet another IMO with 100%. That was within my first year in the in the biz. I learned a lot about salesmanship, working leads, developing referrals, product, carriers, etc. along the way.

At the end of the day if your starting at 80% and learning; developing a good foundation then great. You do, however, need to see in writing that increased production means a bump in comp. If not then either move to someone who will or don't start with that IMO.

There are several great agents on this forum that can help you traverse all the kool-aid peddling groups out there.

Back