Rough Neighborhood

Working a list can certainly be done, but man it is hard work! Just about a month ago I took a list to a rural area to see if I could "prove the concept." I hit about 40 doors, made 10 contacts, 5 people wanted nothing to do with me, 5 people let me in. I made 3 sales for about $1500 AP.

Nothing too impressive by any means, but I found that there are certainly people that just want someone to talk to. You just hope they have an insurance need you can fill.

I think that with a super positive, go-getter attitude this can work. I certainly still prefer leads though.

I hit about 40 doors, made 10 contacts, 5 people wanted nothing to do with me, 5 people let me in. I made 3 sales for about $1500 AP.

Think about it this way: Though you might prefer leads, you have nonetheless proved that you could, with an insurance license and a carrier contract, go anywhere in the country and make a living without spending a dime on marketing other than the $50 or whatever you paid for the list. That, my friend, is as close to freedom as you can get while still broke.

How many days did it take you to hit 40 doors?

Working a list can certainly be done, but man it is hard work! Just about a month ago I took a list to a rural area to see if I could "prove the concept." I hit about 40 doors, made 10 contacts, 5 people wanted nothing to do with me, 5 people let me in. I made 3 sales for about $1500 AP.

Nothing too impressive by any means, but I found that there are certainly people that just want someone to talk to. You just hope they have an insurance need you can fill.

I think that with a super positive, go-getter attitude this can work. I certainly still prefer leads though.

Actually the metrics on your test was very impressive, a sale per 13.33 cold knocks. But of course, the sample size was so small that the probability of large scale deviation is through the roof when applied long term. I'd be very surprised if you made 300 sales from merely 4000 cold knocks. I know you don't want to test it out, but you'd be able to present a case against leads if the numbers held to form.

Back