Rough Neighborhood

Guy I used to work with did not bother skinning them. He was upset enough with his neighbor lady's cats that he just killed them and put them in his trash anytime he had a chance (ie when they were on his side of the fence).
Might as well make a little money off of the neighbor's cats. Research labs used to pay so much per cat. I don't know if this still goes on. PETA and Planned Parenthood supporters would throw a fit. :yes:

Might as well make a little money off of the neighbor's cats. Research labs used to pay so much per cat. I don't know if this still goes on. PETA and Planned Parenthood supporters would throw a fit. :yes:

Not sure why they would get so upset... we could call it "selective after birth abortion." And in truth... what Mildred does with her cats shouldn't be interfered with by some "guy" who thinks he knows better...:skeptical:

"Hands off my CATS" Cat's Aborted Through Science... :twitchy:

Not sure why they would get so upset... we could call it "selective after birth abortion." And in truth... what Mildred does with her cats shouldn't be interfered with by some "guy" who thinks he knows better...:skeptical:

"Hands off my CATS" Cat's Aborted Through Science... :twitchy:
The Planned Parenthood folks put more value on animals than they do babies. :mad:

This is a good thread. Too many agents are afraid to participate in this type of activity. The fact is, if your’e out there knocking on doors every day, you'll end every week with a bunch of sales. Keep doing that day after day, week after week, month after..... and you’ll be a wealthy insurance agent one day.

I think this model should be getting easier as fewer salespeople are willing to do this type of work.

I think this model should be getting easier as fewer salespeople are willing to do this type of work.
Yes door knockers have that advantage.

My best door knock was knocking off of a targeted data ListShack list. The woman on the list had just moved and the lady living there let me in and we got rid of that old AARP that doesn't even have an A.M. Best rating. She said she thought it was cool that I was door knocking and she didn't know that there were still guys doing it.

That knock has led to 5 Med Supps(I've moved 4 of the 5 to different carriers, the 5th has only had his less than a year), 2 cancer policies and 2 DVH. That's nice when the referrals refer you. 13 policies and counting from one knock.:yes:

This is a good thread. Too many agents are afraid to participate in this type of activity. The fact is, if your’e out there knocking on doors every day, you'll end every week with a bunch of sales. Keep doing that day after day, week after week, month after..... and you’ll be a wealthy insurance agent one day.

I do believe it ... though the quickest, surest way is no doubt with a lead program. But at the same time if 10-3-1 holds up, then it is something to consider. I had a real estate business I started and built through cold doors, and I Had a carpet cleaning business I started and built through door to door. In both cases I carried a flyer with info (content based not mere advertising babble) that I'd leave with the "not interesteds." You'd be surprised how many of those "not interesteds" saved the flyer and eventually called. One thing that helped was that I'd go back to the same neighborhoods 2 to 3 times per year - many would tell me that they called me because they knew I wasn't "fly by night" since they saw me "all the time."

I wonder if something similar might work with this insurance gig.

Oh well, enough thinking and typing, I have another door to knock (lead in hand).

I do believe it ... though the quickest, surest way is no doubt with a lead program. But at the same time if 10-3-1 holds up, then it is something to consider. I had a real estate business I started and built through cold doors, and I Had a carpet cleaning business I started and built through door to door. In both cases I carried a flyer with info (content based not mere advertising babble) that I'd leave with the "not interesteds." You'd be surprised how many of those "not interesteds" saved the flyer and eventually called. One thing that helped was that I'd go back to the same neighborhoods 2 to 3 times per year - many would tell me that they called me because they knew I wasn't "fly by night" since they saw me "all the time."

I wonder if something similar might work with this insurance gig.

Oh well, enough thinking and typing, I have another door to knock (lead in hand).

I agree it could be easier with leads. But maybe not for everyone. Certainly it should be considered for new agents that can't afford leads.

This is where the there is true separation from those that will do anything to succeed and the 80% that won't be here after one year.

I agree it could be easier with leads. But maybe not for everyone. Certainly it should be considered for new agents that can't afford leads.

This is where the there is true separation from those that will do anything to succeed and the 80% that won't be here after one year.
Even if they don't market by door knocking in the future, it should be part of every new agent's training. It teaches them to "think on ther feet", pivot and not be timid. :yes:

Even if they don't market by door knocking in the future, it should be part of every new agent's training. It teaches them to "think on ther feet", pivot and not be timid. :yes:

Absolutely. Just to get out there and learn the business. I think people are way to mesmerized by the "Work Smart Not Hard" nonsense. There is no easy way. There is no 4 hour work week. The stress agents put themselves through trying to find the easy way is ridiculous. Perhaps "Work Smart, But Work Hard" would be more appropriate.

Latest posts

Back