Fair Trade..?

I saw an ad on YouTube from secure agent mentor or “the star agency” or whatever they call themselves this week offering 90% commissions +23 free leads per week

While my starting commissions with new agents are higher than where I originally began 4 years ago recruiting, I still do not start new agents at what's considered street level.

It could be, I'm not sure. If I'm not mistaken then he should also be getting some hands on training with Dave...or at least I think that is how Dave works.

online youtube tutorials? no thanks. Books? no thanks.

if i'm with a contract level like that the person mentoring me is in my car training me. Are you having to buy leads at that level?
Yes

When I was first recruited as a Hartford agent, we paid for our own licensing, paid full price $30 per lead, and were placed at 60% commission. The 60% would never go up. All the agents were required to be in the office for a few hours to set appointments and do the meetings/trainings, 5 days a week for a few hours each day.

We also were required to buy a minimum of 10 leads a week, give up 6 hours on our office day to book appointments. My office day was Sunday from 3-9 PM.

If you're thinking "what a crappy deal"... you're wrong!

I look back at this as the one model that taught me both work ethic and how to sell life insurance. PRICELESS!

When I was first recruited as a Hartford agent, we paid for our own licensing, paid full price $30 per lead, and were placed at 60% commission. The 60% would never go up. All the agents were required to be in the office for a few hours to set appointments and do the meetings/trainings, 5 days a week for a few hours each day.

We also were required to buy a minimum of 10 leads a week, give up 6 hours on our office day to book appointments. My office day was Sunday from 3-9 PM.

If you're thinking "what a crappy deal"... you're wrong!

I look back at this as the one model that taught me both work ethic and how to sell life insurance. PRICELESS!

Yup!
John Hancock:

50% as earned, Leads?, we did not know you could by leads, We were given an inforce book and taught how to work that. In the office every day by 9AM. Phone Power night every week, Dialing for dollars, Hours in class room study and studying the 3" three ring binder rate book. Suit and tie every day. Friday office meeting plus regular staff meetings.

My Manager sold the first couple of deals for me. Then it was a split. For every appointment I had to have a status report printed and in the file, We could only order those from the CSRs. No computers or printers in our cubicles. Had to have service forms and a map to the house and the Thomas Guide page wrtten on the Stat. Had to have plenty of change for pay phones. Yeah, Yeah, I am that old. I had to drive and buy the beer after. I would not have made it without the hand holding and ride a longs.

Same here! Looks like some of the most successful agents have similar stories.

Started at NYL over 12 years ago. 55% contract. EVERYTHING had to go through a blood & urine process. Get paid a month or two later. Oh, and NO LEADS, You created your own. Survive that and you can survive ANYTHING this biz will throw at you. After 14 months I was the last man standing out of about 17 fools that put themselves through that. It was like SEAL Team training for life Insurance agents :)

Same here! Looks like some of the most successful agents have similar stories.

Started at NYL over 12 years ago. 55% contract. EVERYTHING had to go through a blood & urine process. Get paid a month or two later. Oh, and NO LEADS, You created your own. Survive that and you can survive ANYTHING this biz will throw at you. After 14 months I was the last man standing out of about 17 fools that put themselves through that. It was like SEAL Team training for life Insurance agents :)

Learn to fill and feed the pipeline. Only one company and only their products. Underwriters were some mythical beast that lived in the crystal Palace in the sky, dare not try to speak to them. A decline was a decline. These were not the cheapest on the block companies. Pick up a check or no deal.

Learn to fill and feed the pipeline. Only one company and only their products. Underwriters were some mythical beast that lived in the crystal Palace in the sky, dare not try to speak to them. A decline was a decline. These were not the cheapest on the block companies. Pick up a check or no deal.
You guys wanna buy a daycare franchise...you could make a lot more with a lot less work ;)

I started with a Mortgage Protection IMO with a 60% contract. Had to come into the office certain times for phone sessions & meetings.

I thought I was getting ripped off at the time but boy was I wrong. It was the most valuable 3 months of my professional life. I learned more about sales than I thought was possible!

Back